The U.S. and Canadian automotive media were recently given the opportunity to try out the all-new Ford F-150 Raptor in San Diego, and the reviews of the multi-purpose truck were glowing.
Andrew Collins of Jalopnik admitted -- in the headline of his review -- that the Raptor was better on the twisty bits than expected.
Here is a recap of some of the other reactions to Ford's toughest, smartest and most capable truck ever:
Micah Wright, The Cheat Sheet
- From a performance standpoint, it does way more than anyone would realize
- It drives so much smaller than it is. It’s so nimble.
Derek McNaughton, National Post
- This truck can do it all. The engine power is perfect and suspension just right. Amazing truck.
- I’m going to have to rework my entire article because this truck is so good.
Henry Payne, The Detroit News
- This truck is amazing! Porsche is the only other manufacturer that will let journalists drive their vehicles this hard at an event.
- In terms of raw comfort on these trails (rock crawling), it’s better than the Wrangler
Vincent Nguyen, Slash Gear
- I’m speechless. Wow, just wow.
- This is beyond epic.
- I was really impressed by the amount of instantaneous power. The throttle response made the truck feel lighter and more nimble
Howard Elmer, Auto Focus
- What impressed me the most is that after you are done racing around the desert, you can drive it home. There’s no fuss, no muss. So good.
- That was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. It’s an amazing truck.
- There is nothing on the market that touches this.
Jared Gall, Car and Driver
- There are no cars on the market, in any price point, that accomplish their goal as well as this truck, sports cars or otherwise.
- I’m really glad you guys decided to go ahead with a second generation.
- It’s a really niche market. There is no true competition for this truck.
- I can’t think of a single thing I would change
Stephen Elmer, AutoGuide
- I’m surprised by how good it is on road. It’s so much better than the last truck
- I actually said while driving, “I want to buy one.” I asked my coach.
Vincent Aube, RPM
- I have to move from Montreal to here because this is so much fun.
- I’m very happy with the level of refinement in the truck.
Dan Heyman, AutoTrader.ca
- It was like another level. I’ve never done anything like that before.
- It’s amazing how much that truck can do. We weren’t even pushing it.
- It’s actually quite forgiving, too. And fast.
Brenden McAleer, Globe and Mail
- The truck is technically very impressive. The high speed was very exciting.
- In sport mode, you can hear the extra burble in the exhaust.
Francis Lalonde, Autonet
- That was great, I want to do it again!
- The suspension is unbelievable. The tires are made for that truck, whether you’re on the road or the high-speed course.
Alex Kierstein, Autoblog
- My only complaint is that we didn’t have enough time with the truck
Gary Gastleu, Fox News
- It feels so sporty because of the power and the response.
- It feels like a sports car with the blips in the downshift.
- It was like surfing on sand.